If you are looking for a position in the field of sales, read and live by these cover letter samples featuring some of the most basic elements that recruiters look for in a sales cover letter. Customise them accordingly to fit your specific needs and qualifications.
Cover Letter Sample 1 (Entry Level, Print Copy)
This cover letter sample shows the proper format if you submit your cover letter in print form. In this case, the letter should be formatted as a formal business letter which includes a letterhead, date, inside address, salutation and complimentary close.
3 November 2015
Ms Ann Chan
Writing Tip: If you are a fresh graduate, or if you lack experience in the field that you are applying for, it is best to point up the experience and qualities that make you suitable for the job. In this cover letter sample, the candidate showcases his skills by telling his experience and achievements as a student and an athlete. Although he is new to the field of sales, he could impress the hiring manager with his optimistic tone and by indicating that he is a quick learner.
Cover Letter Sample 2 (Experienced, Email Copy)
This cover letter shows the proper format if you submit your cover letter through email. Unlike a formal business letter, a cover email only requires a salutation at the beginning and an email signature at the bottom that includes your name, address and contact information.
Email Subject: Peter Lee, Medical Sales Representative Position
Writing Tip: Beside having the cover letter properly formatted, it is essential for you to clearly communicate your key accomplishments and skills that are relevant to the position you are applying for. The best way to do so is to use bullet points to outline or summarise your skill set, or to convey the value of your accomplishments in numerical form (e.g. percentages).
NOTE: These application letter samples are for reference only. All information provided should be considered as fictional.
7 common mistakes you might be making on your resume
Tips for job seekers to stand out from the crowd
How to negotiate for your salary during job interview
How do you rate your employer(s)? jobsDB’s soon to be launched Company Reviews feature* is an avenue for you to share your experience working for your current or previous employer(s), helping other job seekers make an informed decision when planning their next career move.
- The Company Review feature is currently in the stage of collecting reviews. The official launch will be announced on jobsDB’s website soon.
Sales Associate Cover Letter Sample 1:
I am writing in response to your advertisement for the position of Sales Associate, and would like to submit my resume for the position. With over 3 years of experience in sales and a 2-year diploma in Sales and Customer service, I believe I have all the capabilities required for becoming an integral part of your sales team.
For the past two years I have been associated with Big Shop, a Boston-based discount retail store. In my current position as a Sales Associate, I am responsible for generating sales, maintaining outstanding customer service, merchandising products, and supporting the in-house store management team.
My major responsibilities include the following:
- Ensuring each customer receives quality service
- Maintaining awareness of all advertisements and promotions
- Executing the daily day-to-day goals and priorities set by the management
- Upholding the store’s high cleanliness standards
- Participating in the processing of new shipments
- Assisting the warehouse team in keeping the stock receiving area and the back stock area organized and clean
- Assisting in training, monitoring, and development of new recruits
- Ensuring compliance to safety policy defined by the store management team
- Assisting customers in locating items and answering their queries related to products sold in the store
- Providing information to customers on store’s procedures and policies
Conscious of customers’ needs, I always strive to provide them with prompt and high-quality service. On numerous occasions, I have received recognition from the management for my ability to go out of the way to serve customers better. I possess excellent listening and oral communication skills, two qualities that I believe are paramount for this job.
My resume, attached with this application, highlights my professional skills, achievements, and qualifications in greater detail. I hope you will grant me an opportunity to meet you in person to discuss my application further.
Sales Associate Cover Letter Sample 2:
Your advertisement for the job of Sales Associate caught my attention, as the listed requirements match perfectly with my professional background. I have got three years of experience in commercial real estate industry. This along with my educational background, a 4 year Bachelor degree in Sales and Marketing, I believe will allow me to bring the expertise you need for this job.
During my tenure with Red Street Corporation, with whom I have been employed for the last 2 years, I have established myself as a successful sales person. My current key responsibilities include, among others, the following:
- Upgrading services to allow inclusion of other product offers
- Discussing research, subscription pricing offers, and service levels
- Setting up conference calls between company’s clients and research team
- Acquiring and effectively communicating responses to questions asked by clients
- Assisting with transitioning of new clients from salespersons to account managers
- Assisting Marketing team in creation of new marketing ideas.
- Assisting Marketing team in development of effective client programs
- Providing feedback from clients to evaluate possible refinements to offered products and the requirement for new products
In addition to the above job-related skills, I offer you:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficiency with computers (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access)
- Well-developed presentation skills
- Key understanding of the financial industry (hedge funds, bonds, mutual funds, stocks, etc.)
- Fundamental knowledge of the commercial real estate industry
My inherent competitive nature and sales-driven personality work to my added advantage and allow me to successfully achieve, and often surpass the set sales targets. On several occasions I have been rewarded by the management for my outstanding work, the most notable being the ‘Sales Person of the Year’ award in 2012.
I am excited about working with such an esteemed firm as yours and hope to meet you soon to discuss your specific needs and my ability to meet them.
Sales Associate Cover Letter Sample 3:
I am very interested in the opportunity for employment with your company as an Entry Level Sales Associate.
I am a young, enthusiastic, and self motivated individual who is eager to succeed. While this would be my first time working in sales, I am confident I can learn quickly and make an immediate impact on the team at your company. I am looking for a young and energetic work environment, one in which will allow me to demonstrate and grow my skills which I feel your company can provide.
My previous work experience has supplied me knowledge that can be easily applied to the retail sector. I am a proficient user of Microsoft Excel, a program in which I spent countless hours with during my Psychology studies. I have been put in high stress, fast paced, and dynamic situations and I work very well under pressure. As an employee in the restaurant industry I have learned the value of providing excellent communication and customer service which are skills that directly correlate to the retail Industry.
Going forward, I feel as if my background, personality, and drive are suitable for employment within your store. I hope to have the opportunity to grow my professional career with your company and I’m confident that I can be an asset to your growing team.
Thank you for taking the time to review my application and cover letter. I look forward to hearing from you.