Professional Organizer Resume Samples
Professional Organizers help their clients sort out their homes and offices. Essential duties of a Professional Organizer are discussing requirements with clients, eliminating clutter, teaching clients how to be well-organized, recommending paper management techniques, developing filing systems, planning office space, and organizing clients’ spaces. Resume examples for Professional Organizer mention skills such as customer service, organization, strong observational abilities, excellent people skills, creativity, and problem-solving. Employers and clients select resumes displaying a degree in business or a similar field.
Looking for job listings? Check out our Professional Organizer Jobs page.
As a contracted professional organizer, worked one-on-one, or with a small team of organizers, with diverse clientele in their homes toward a variety of organizational goals.
- Sessions included: purging belongings, preparing clients for moves, unpacking clients in their new homes and assisting in creating an overall clarity of living space.
- Worked with a variety of personalities, assisting clients in difficult separation events.
- Created organizing goals and helped clients to achieve those goals.
- Created storage solutions for clients to maintain organization in their homes going forward.
- Founded professional organizing company after evaluating and identifying a need for one in the community
- Created marketing strategy to generate over 100 potential clients
- Launched a successful marketing campaign utilizing social media, SEO and word of mouth referral.
- Provide clients with professional organizing services to achieve their highest level of potential both personally and professionally
Client Support Staff / Professional Organizer
- Designed systems and processes using organizing principles and through transferring organizing
- Created organized spaces to aid in the individual: Adults and college students with psychiatric and/or complex medical disabilities, allowing client to take control of their surroundings, their time, their paper, and their systems for life
- Helped people make the necessary changes in their lives they would not of otherwise completed on their own
- Liaison between case management and clientele assisting in tasks such as: Prescription pick up, grocery shopping, cooking, cleaning, relocation services, packing, moving and job search
- Effectively scheduled appointments, managed time and hours for documentation and book keeping
- Provided home and office organizational services to clients by creating “systems” to eliminate clutter.
- Assessed and developed a plan of action to meet the client’s overall goal(s) in organizing their space.
- Taught clients practical organizing principles in order to maintain their newly organized space.
- Conducted seminars/presentations on organizational topics.
Professional Organizer and Pet Care
- Simultaneously ran a popular pet sitting service in addition to a Professional Organizing business.
- Assisted both individuals and businesses with their organizational challenges including; paperwork flow, filing systems, and purging techniques in setting up an organizational system that would work best for that specific person or business.
- Organized and conducted Estate Sales
- Provided safe pet accommodations and in-home pet care
Founder and Professional Organizer
- Developed and implemented a strategic business plan and budget process
- Coached clients about how to create functional and organized spaces
- Cultivated excellent long-term relationships with clients by maintaining ongoing communication
- Wrote advertising copy for newspapers, online advertisements, and blog posts
Certified Professional Organizer, Self-employed
Consulting, organizing in an office environment or house, gaining a trusting working relationship with clients, helping remove and sell excess clutter
- Consult with clientele about how to create and maintain a healthy and happy environment
- Organize in a number of diverse fields such as a house, garage, office, kitchen, paperwork or electronic file storage
- Build a comfortable and trusting relationship with clientele
- Teach clients that unused clutter can be sold or donated
- Help clients take charge, stay focused on one task at a time and maintain organized spaces and environments
Professional Organizer/daily Money Manager
Conduct "Needs Assessment" with clients to develop a clear plan of action to achieve timely and exceptional results
- Determine job requirements, scope of work, and estimated hours to meet the client's schedule
- Create action plans that support clients' busy lifestyle
- Provide value-added services such as complimentary shopping assistance and space planning
- Worked in partnership with clients to organize various areas of their homes and home offices.
- Developed individualized plans based on client's habits, needs and vision for their space.
- Coached clients on life skills, including time management and work flow.
Professional Organizer, Office & Brand Manager
- Help individuals gain more control over their space, reduce stress, and increase productivity by creating comprehensive organizational systems
- Assist clients in all areas of their organizing needs ranging from room layout designs, paper and file management, digital file management, move management, and disposal services
- Manage bi-weekly blog on company’s website: pitch topic ideas, write articles, design layouts and graphics, promote on social media platforms
- Manage all social media and branding campaigns for the company: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+, LinkedIn
- Provide website support through Wordpress platform: webpage layouts, graphic designs, content management
Upload Your Resume for a Free Critique
- Get personalized feedback on improving your resume to land more interviews.
- See how you resume performs in automated scanners most employers use.
- Delivered in 48 hours
Well done! Your resume has been submitted successfully! You will receive a confirmation soon.
Journalism cover letter
View this sample cover letter for journalism, or download the journalist cover letter template in Word.
As a journalist, you know the importance of exceptional writing and storytelling. To be considered for top journalism jobs, your cover letter must demonstrate your skills and experience, as well as your passion for your work. For writing tips, view this sample cover letter for a journalist, or download the journalism cover letter template in Word.
Additionally, you can learn more about media careers and editorial careers, as well as look for journalism jobs on Monster.
Journalism cover letter template
Sometown, MA 55555 | (555) 555-5555 | firstname.lastname@example.org | Portfolio URL
October 4, 2017
Mr. Chad Dallas
4350 West Ave.
Sometown, MA 55555
Dear Mr. Dallas:
As a journalism and mass communications major at XYZ University preparing to graduate next month, I am eager to launch my career in newspaper journalism. Your news reporter opening advertised on Monster is an excellent match to my qualifications.
While studying at XYZ, I gained experience as a:
- News reporter intern at DEF News, where I wrote news and feature articles of interest to Sometown-area residents.
- Reporter and editor at The Gold Standard (XYZ’s student newspaper), where I earned a “National Pacemaker Award” (considered to be the “Pulitzer Prize” of American college student journalism) for my series on a fraternity hazing.
- Blogger for Somedomain.com, a student-run news website covering the local and national political scene that I co-launched and grew to 7,500 subscribers. In this role, my colleagues and I produced short-form videos as well as long-form features for daily newscasts.
- Sports reporter covering the university’s football and basketball teams for XYZ’s website.
In both classroom and work settings, I earned a reputation as a dedicated journalist with a passion for accurately covering important issues and events, engaging readers and helping fuel positive change.
It would be an honor to report for your award-winning newspaper and work with your talented team of writers and editors. I am confident that my experience publishing and promoting content on social media and delivering on multiple platforms would benefit your newspaper as you move to digital delivery.
You may review my résumé and news clips at somedomain.com. Thank you!
See all sample cover letters on Monster.